Thursday, June 29, 2017

Week One Topic One

Hello, my name is Samantha--I go by Sam. I am in the process of becoming dueled enrolled at OSU. My goal is to get my Bachelor's in Business Marketing with a Minor in Multimedia Communications. I am currently a member of the Student. It  Leadership Counsel for LBCC. This last year I was the Communications Director, and now I am serving my second year as the Community Outreach Director. I love being part of the SLC. It has opened many doors for me along with getting to do things and meet people I wouldn't have other wise.

I fell in love with history and the power of propaganda that has been used over time. Is the world changes I believe that now is more important than ever to know everything there is to know about media. I also believe there is a beautiful power it holds in bringing the world together when used correctly. As a Marketing major I believe and hope that this class will only advance my knowledge on effective Marketing technics.

I am passionate about many things. Family first and for most. I am married--12 years, with a son. We have been through a lot--husband was in the military deployments and a that jazz. So, we do as much a lot of family things. Fishing, hunting, and camping in the summer. Nature is my church. I love the woods, ocean, and stars. To get away from it all. To unplug and plug into yourself. Some of my best writings--personal writings, have come from laying on a blanket in a meadows, or from sitting on a mountain top, and sitting in my car crying my heart out while watching the waves crash against the rocks. So, I guess I would say writing is another passion of mine. I don't share much, because I am not brave enough. I am a bit of a bent and twisted soul who is on a journey of self discovery. I wonder if we ever truly find ourselves. I feel like I am always evolving and life is never constant, so I find myself chasing, myself. 

Anyways, this seems like a fun class and I am excited to see what is to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment